AboutRecipesIngredientsEquipmentTipsArchives
Sunday, August 19, 2018

Recently I got to know about this baking blog and discovered an earl grey cake recipe from this website:
https://avocadosassemble.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/earl-grey-cake/ 

I've been wanting to bake earl grey cake cos I've been really into earl grey nowadays (many of my friends are into earl grey too!!) but have procrastinated it for months. Finally, I got the motivation to do it today!! So here's the recipe adapted from the blog:

Ingredients
180g all purpose flour, sifted
30g corn flour
1.5 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
115g unsalted butter, softened
120g sugar
3 eggs
1.5 tbsp vanilla extract
225ml  milk
5 tbsp Earl Grey tea leaves (I used Twinnings)

Methods
1) Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2) Add in the vanilla and 2 tbsp of earl grey tea leaves
3) Add one egg at a time, mixing well in between each addition
4) Bring the milk and the remaining tea leaves to a boil. Remove from heat and let it steep for 5 minutes at least.
5) Sift to remove the tea leaves
6) While leaving the milk mixture to cool, combine flour, corn flour, baking powder and salt together and add it into the mixture
7) Mix in the milk mixture
8) Pour the batter into a pre-greased/lined 8 inch cake pan.
9) Bake for 40 minutes at 170 degrees, or until a toothpick comes out dry. (once again, I need to emphasise that the timing and temperature differs for different ovens. For me, I actually didn't put it at 170 degrees. Instead, I put it at ard 150 degrees and baked at ard 40-45 mins. My tip for this is that usually I will put mine at a lower temperature as compared to what is stated in the recipe cos it's better to lower the temperature and then slowly increase rather than having it too high right from the beginning. I'm not sure if it works for everyone but it definitely works for me :) )

The ingredients. I forgot to capture the sugar and corn flour in it hahaha! Anyway, the milk that I should have used is full cream milk instead of low fat milk. Apparently full cream milk is better for baking. I'll have to find out why that is the case 😅 

This is after I added 2 tbsp of earl grey tea leaves.

The batter~

TADA!! I love the taste of it!! It's not too sweet and the taste of the earl grey is just right :D


0 Comments:

Post a Comment